Friday 5 March 2010

Hey! I'm Back!

Hey All!

After 2 crazy weeks of finishing degree design work for a hand in this Tuesday just gone I am back! I had a few days to chill and catch up on essential housework that had also been neglected! I have to say I am really pleased with the design work I have produced, but now I start my FINAL MAJOR PROJECT that will see me through to the end of my degree summer 2011!

Anyhow, enough of that! During my crazy 2 weeks it was my Bro's birthday! I found a few minutes to make a card for him. My friend from the US kindly ordered me some perfect 'Guy' card stamps from SU! Extreme Surfboard and Extreme Elements.

I kept the LO of the card really simple and the colours 'Manly'! I stamped various elements on the top matt and the base card. I then stamped the surfer in Ranger Embossing Ink and embossed with white detail EP.

I added a strip of Spring Moss Twill Ribbon to the card underneath the matt for a little added interest. The sentiment is a sneaky peak from my degree design work! I have been creating rubber stamp designs and 2 of the sets I created were for men! I had been testing my stamps and the sentiments were to hand so I decided to give them a whirl! A tad disappointed because I stamped Brother wonky! Oh well! I don't think it's too noticeable as the card is full of random stamping! Lol!

(Ingredients)
CS: PTI Spring Moss & Enchanted Evening
Ink: PTI Spring Moss, Enchanted Evening and Ripe Avocado, Ranger Embossing Ink
Stamps: SU! Extreme Surfboard & Extreme Elements. Sentiment is my own design!
Accessories: White Detail EP, PTI Spring Moss Twill & foam pads

I'm up early today to maximise my days off from work! I have a few cards I'd like to make today with some of the goodies I bought 2 weeks ago on my jolly outing with my friend Kerry. They have been sitting calling to me for the past 2 weeks! Lol! I also have some degree work to do and my friend is coming over to work on a joint task. I maybe back later, but defo tomorrow with a post!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jenn Biederman said...

Great card, Beverley! How wonderful that you are obtaining your degree!! I have only started my process of getting a BA in Graphic Design...long way to go yet! Good for you!!! :)