Monday 16 August 2010

Birthday Balloons & CHA Photos!

Hey Peeps!

It's been a VERY long time since my last post and I do appologise. Life just seems to get in the way of creating and blogging but I am back with a card to share.

After a FAB but tiering holiday to the US and an EXCITING trip to CHA in Chicago I am just about back to normal. I decided to get straight to using my new supplies I picked up at the PTI booth at CHA, the main event which our trip to the US focused on!

A couple of the new sets I bought was Up, Up & Away, Just the Ticket & Dot Spot. I also bought the co-ordinating dies to go with the sets. I had a blast making this card for my friend who was 50 on Saturday.
I had to use the colours she liked when she saw some of my PTI supplies, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist and as it's supposed to be Summer here in the UK I decided to use the Hot Air Balloons of Up, Up & Away!

Dot Spot added the perfect background and Just the Ticket provided FAB sentiment focus! I used SU! Star Punch and MM glitter stickers for the 50 on the star.

Anyway, enough about the card! Here are a few photos of my trip to CHA and the celebs I got to meet! I think that I was so awe struck that I was there I forgot to take more photos! I'm sure it won't be the last time I visit! I appologise in advance for me looking dreadful & so very pale but I was getting over bronchitis and sinusitis I picked up in NYC!

Above is me and the lovely Nichole Heady! A wonderful and talented lady with such a welcoming heart! A true pleasure to chat to :)

Then I HAD to get my photo with the one and only Dawn McVey! Dawn too so talented and friendly and such an inspirational person. It was really a dream come true to meet Dawn! Lol!

Then, whilst standing in line I saw Ashley Cannon Newel and totally amazed had to ask for a photo with! Lol!

The pictures above and below are of the PTI make and take tables. The one above was with Dawn and Michelle making a card using the exclusive Four of a Kind CHA set. I was totally overcome by making a card in the presence of Dawn & Michelle that my hands were shaking! Doesn't help when your trying to stamp! Lol!

Below is the make & take with Heather & Debbie where we made a beautiful broach using the PTI Beautiful Blooms Dies and Felt. I'm addicted to making them as embellishments for lil boxes! I'll share a pic when I get more organised! Lol!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hopefully I won't be as long in posting again! Lol!
Birthday Balloons Supplies
Card Stock: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores & Aqua Mist
Ink: Memento Black, PTI Fresh Snow, Hawaiian Shores & Raspberry Fizz
Stamps: PTI Up, Up & Away, Just the Ticket, Polka Dot Basics 2 & Dot Spot
Accessories: PTI Dies: Ticket Boarder, Cloud 1 & 2, Balloons. Making Memories Glitter Stickers, SU! Star Punch, PTI Satin Ribbon: Raspberry Fizz & Hawaiian Shores

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So wish you could have snuck me in your bags - although you then would have had no space for all the goodies!!(And would have had to have paid a MAJOR baggage excess!! Lol!!) Love the card - such pretty colours! See you soon!Kxx

Aimes said...

Oh I'm so jealous but so happy to see such fabby pics!!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time and it's fab to see you using your goodies so soon after returning!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to pop in an say thank you for your VERY generous donation of the round and round set to the Passion for Papertrey comp. Wow! I am crossing EVERYTHING - and it's rather painful !

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Beverley! Gorgeous card with the hot air balloons! I love the soft colors! So jealous that you got to go to CHA! Sounds like you had a blast! :-)

Vicki said...

Ooow Beverley I'm so jealous, looks like you had an amazing time and lots of goodies too. Love your card the colours are great!

Hugs
Vicki x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant website, I had not come across littleshopofcrafts.blogspot.com earlier in my searches!
Continue the excellent work!