Friday 22 May 2009

Hero Arts Go Green Challenge

This weeks challenge from HA is to create a 'green' card using recycled materials. I had been looking forward to doing this challenge all week as I am always saving bits and bobs from packages and gifts, but... I really seemed to struggle for an idea! 

Well earlier I was blog hopping about and I came across this card HERE on Splitcoast Stampers and really liked it. All week I have been changing the furniture in our dining area, buying a new table and sideboard plus new ornaments and dinnerware! One of my favorite shops in the UK is Next and they have a FAB catalogue. I came across a really nice pattern on some bed linen and it was my starting point for this cards color combo.

This is what I created!


I really like the top note die people having been using from SU! but I don't own one :( as luck turns out the Cricut cartridge Accent Essentials has a similar shape. I adhered the magazine page to some thin card stock for stability and cut the shape out and then cut the shape in half.


{Ingredients}
Card Stock: Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Close to Cocoa (SU!) 
Ink: Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Black (Memories)
Stamps: Polka Dot (SU!) Heart Winged Butterfly and Hello Birdie (HA)
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz Polka Dot Ribbon (PTI), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Fiskars punch, Glitter Glue, Copics.

I have a few spare pieces of the patterned paper from the magazine so I may use them on another card if I have time. Unfortunately it's back to work for me tomorrow and Sunday :( I hope the bank holiday weekend isn't too busy at work. 

Have a great weekend everyone and I will be back on Monday with a post! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

great card - turned out perfect with the die you used. Love the colour scheme