Friday 5 February 2010

An Emboss Resist Wedding Card!

Happy Friday!

Though it hasn't been all that happy here today, been suffering with back pain all day :( and have had to work on my dissertation rather than chilling out! I found a few minutes this evening to make a card to try and cheer myself up. It's worked kind of but I hate taking photo's when all the natural light has gone, so it has taken me ages and many a photo to get one I like! I must invest in a light tent to help the situation!

Any way, I made this card for the current challenge over on Nichole Heady's blog - celebrating 3 years of PTI! The challenge is to use the emboss resist technique on a project / card.

Firstly I stamped the Background Basics Hearts onto white card in Spring Rain ink. I then stamped the larger of the Fancy Flourishes with clear embossing ink and used clear EP. I then sponged pale plum and Plum Pudding over the white card.

I adhered it to a Plum Pudding matt that was punched along one edge with a Martha Stewart punch - I forget the name! The sentiment is from Giga Guidelines and stamped in Plum Pudding. The 'Wedding' part is mounted on foam pads for dimension. I added a butterfly, bow & bling to finish the card off!

{Ingredients}
CS: SU! Whisper White, PTI Plum Pudding & Spring Rain
Ink: Ranger Embossing Ink, PTI Plum Pudding, SU! Pale Plum
Stamps: PTI Background Basics Hearts, Giga Guidelines, Fancy Flourishes
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Crystal Gems, PTI Spring Rain Satin Ribbon, Martha Stewart Punches, Foam Pads & Corner Chomper

I decided I would get in the mood for making a wedding card as the new Caardvarks challenge is a wedding card! Oh and the prize ....... to be published in CARDS magazine! I might re-photograph this card and enter it but I'm hoping I will think of something even better!

Have a great weekend and I might pop in with a post on Sunday as I am at work all day tomorrow :( hopefully my back won't be hurting as much!

4 comments:

Aimes said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that embossed flourish, so elegant and sophisticated!
So sorry to hear about your back pain - I hope it gets better soon, especially in time for work!
x

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Just gorgeous and the color combo is fab!

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the resist!

Jingle said...

This is really cute!