Wednesday 8 September 2010

Mini Break & Fall Card

Hey All!

Happy Wednesday! Today I thought I start by sharing some photos I took using my iPhone at the weekend. We took a trip North West to see my uncle who lives in Cumbria. It's not like me but I forgot to take my camera and so had to rely on my iPhone!

On the Sunday afternoon after a lovely pub dinner my uncle drove us around where he lives. One of the stops on route is a lovely hamlet called Dent. It's about 4 miles from his town of Sedbergh.

This first photo is a memorial to Adam Sedgwick a founder of modern geology.

This is a view of one of the main streets. I love the cobbled roads and quaint little cottages and the views around are amazing as you will see in the other photos!

On Monday morning before we headed home, Karl and I took a short walk in the surrounding countryside.

This photo is of the fells behind the town of Sedbergh.

There are many little cottages surrounded by the countryside like the one in the photo above.

Our walk took us by the river. It was a lovely sunny day with a bit of a breeze!

Another shot of the countryside looking East.

This last photo is of a lovely interesting building in the town as we walked back to my uncles house. I wish I had remembered to take more of the town but was busy chatting away to Karl!

Now onto something crafty! This is a card I made last week and have only just photographed! It's for the current monthly challenge over on Hero Arts.

It's been absolutely ages since I made a card or project for the challenges over on Hero Arts, but with being on holiday from work and not going away I found the time and inspiration!

I broke out an old un-inked set for this card, 3 Designer leaves. I created the background by inking one of the leaves in the set with Pumpkin Pie and rolling the edges in Ruby Red ink and stamping. It gives a lovely two toned effect.

I did the same for the greenish brown leaves and cut 2 out. I then created a small sentiment panel and stamped a sentiment and 2 leaves from the PTI Falling Leaves set. Some grosgrain ribbon and a button tied with linen thread finished the card.

I really enjoyed making this card. I hope to make some more projects using the Fall theme in the next week! Well, it's time I moved from the computer and carried out some of my other tasks for the day!

Thanks for stopping by!
{Supplies}
Card Stock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White. PTI Ripe Avocado & Orange Zest
Ink: Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Ruby Red
Stamps: Hero Arts 3 Designer Leaves, PTI Falling Leaves
Accessories: SU! Grosgrain Ribbon in Chocolate Chip & Old Olive. Corner Rounder, PTI Vintage Button in Orange Zest. Linen Thread.

1 comment:

Aimes said...

Fabby pics, Beverley! Looks like a lovely place to visit!
Totally love your card, those colours are so my kinda colours!
Hugs,
Aimes
x