Monday 25 July 2011

PTI July Blog Hop

Though I have been an avid PTI fan since 2009 this is the first blog hop I have ever entered! Inspired to create for fun tonight after a busy day in the studio & a busy week ahead I took an hour out to make this card.


Using the inspiration photo above I created the card below. I really wanted to used the Mehndi Medallion Stamp, but I have not got it yet & forgot to order it with my last order! 


I could have easily chosen the butterfly & stripes element in the photo to focus upon but that wouldn't have been as much of a challenge! I chose to break out Beautiful Blooms II and used the small floral elements to create my own medallion effect. I think it worked out quite well. 

Sorry for the bad photo the light is fading after a not so sunny day here in the North East of the UK :(


I used the Clean & Simple FTL150 sketch for the basis of this card, along with PTIs Orange Zest, Ocean Tides & a lil bit of Ripe Avocado. Orange is not a colour I would normally use, let alone with Ocean Tides - way out of my comfort zone! The sentiment is from Handwritten Notes.

Anyway, off for a little workout before bed! Thanks for stopping by!
 



14 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Very pretty! Love the elements you combined in the corner, looks really stylish this way, great card!
Hugs, Wendy

Aimes said...

Well it seems you can hold tight on the Medallion set if you can stamp beautiful patterns like this! A gorgeous take on the inspiration pic!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kara said...

gorgeous layering of stamps!!

Marge said...

What a gorgeous result -- LOVE this!!! I just ordered Mehndi Medallions yesterday and look forward to playing with it!

StephH said...

Beautiful layering of images! Love the way you built this out from the corner - very unique!

The Paper Gardens said...

Wonderful card! Love the layering and the soft layout.

Dana said...

I love how you got creative with your stamp set to make that design. It's awesome!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is so pretty! Not over powering. Just the right amount of white space.

Kelly S. said...

Love your little medallion, so cute with those little leaves on the outside edges!

Suzanne Russell said...

Such a beautiful balace in this card! Clean and simple with lots of pizazz! I love the corner medallion you created. Great job.

Unknown said...

Classy! Love the colours too - well out of my comfort zone too, but look lovely together! Kx

Tracey McNeely said...

Really lovely.

DF said...

Beatiful! SO creative of you to make up your own 'medallion'!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your own medallion design is great Beverley and I love those colours together!