Monday 3 August 2009

Mod Squad FAB Friend!

Today I thought I would share a card I made last week when my new PTI goodies arrived. I had ordered Dawn McVey's New Set called 'Mod Squad', it's kind of a funky set with a retro feel. I just loved the images & sentiments in the set & couldn't wait to use it!

I used the flower stems & the funky four flower's. The flowers are mounted on foam dots for dimension & I liked how Dawn had added gems to the small areas inside so I lifted that idea!


The sentiment is from the set & on that panel I stamped the background using one of the other stamps in Scarlet Jewel onto Scarlet Jewel card. Its matted onto Spring Moss before adhering to the base card.

{Ingredients}
Card Stock: PTI Scarlet Jewel, Spring Moss, Cream from stash
Ink: Scarlet Jewel PTI & SU! Mellow Moss
Stamps: PTI Mod Squad
Accessories: SU! Corner Rounder Punch, Fiskars Border Punch, Gems Unknown, PTI Scarlet Jewel Satin Ribbon, Foam Pads

I really enjoyed making this card & I know I am going to have a lot of fun using this set more!!

Well, I have been busy, busy, busy today sorting & tidying my garage so that I can turn it into a studio so that I can eventually work from home when I finish my degree in 2 years but most importantly work in there as SOON as!! The room I'm in now is fairly big and I have a large desk but I just NEED more space!! I did quite a lot today & hope to finish tomorrow so that later in the week Karl & his dad can start putting the wood frame up on the walls!

I hope to find some time this week though to have a go at this weeks Hero Arts Challenge and also SPCC new color challenge and maybe a few others. I'm going to my brothers on Thursday till Saturday to do some decorating at my Mums house so that eventually we can rent it out! I feel like DIY woman this week while I'm not at work! I will have plenty to share even though I won't be making cards while I am away!!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

suzARTe said...

love this card. the colours look awesome. great job