Sunday 20 September 2009

Feel Better ........ win a day on HA Blog 2009!

HAPPY Sunday! On Friday night I learned that my friend Claire from card club was admitted to hospital, so while I had my new supplies on my desk I decided to make her a Feel Better card. As it was late at night the colours have come out a lil more orangey than orangey pinky that they look in real life! The card stock is Melon Berry on Kraft. I still need to play & learn about the white balance setting on my camera but it is on my to do list & my brother John is helping me out!


Anyway... back to the card! I used my nearly old favorite the Heart Winged Butterfly with the Black & White Flowers with another of my NEW HA stamps Elegant Brocade. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to create a background of the Elegant Brocade & used a section on the bottom of the card. I'm sure you will see more of this popping up!! Again this is inspired by the lovely Dawn McVey!


The butterfly is stamped onto kraft CS using Chocolate Chip & coloured using PrismaColor Pencils. I added a lil Star Dust Stickles to the Hearts & Voila! The flowers & butterfly are mounted on foam pads for a lil dimension.

{Ingredients}
CS: PTI Kraft & Melon Berry, SU! Whisper White
Stamps: Hero Arts F5243 Elegant Brocade, F5158 Heart Winged Butterfly, F5132 Balck & White Flowers, PTI Tea for Two for sentiment.
Ink: SU! Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: SU! Scallop Boader Punch, PTI Melon Berry Swiss Dot Ribbon, PTI Bitty Dot DP

I am entering this into HA contest to win a day on their blog you can read the details HERE. I hope this cheered my friend up :) Be sure to check by later for more card shares!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Thanks Bev! Your gorgeous card cheered me up no end on the ward and now I'm home it's got pride of place on the mantelpiece! Thanks again for your kind wishes.