Friday 18 September 2009

Hero Arts Learning Challenge

Happy Friday! This is the last day of my holidays :( back to work tomorrow! Oh well! Yesterday I thought I would work on a entry into this weeks HA challenge. As I was feeling a lil mojoless I decided to do a digital card. Seeing the HA had added new digital kits to the 2Peas website I bought myself two & was extremely happy when I only paid $1 for them as I happened to be at the right time & was this weeks digital winner & got $5 off my order which made me HAPPY!


Above is the LO I created in Photoshop using the 2 new sets Flutterbies & Floral Papers the flowers & gems came from the Friendship definition extras. I also used the friendship definition over the patterned strip of paper.

I decided to use some of the techniques I have learned from Shari's videos in Hero Arts Digital 102 & 103. With the butterflies I added a filter to soften them a little which I think worked really nice. I am really pleased with this.


I then went on & printed my card front out size 10 cm x 14 cm, I then put foam adhesive & layered it onto my card base. I printed extra butterflies out and adhered them over the top not adding glue to the wings so they look like they are fluttering! I also added some Star Dust Stickles to the edges of the wings. I think this is a digital hybrid card?!


While I was on holiday I treated myself to a Macro Lens for my Nikon so I am also learning how to use this lens! All of the photographs here are taken with this lens & I am fairly pleased with the results!
{Ingredients}
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White & Bashful Blue
Stamps: HA Digital Flutterbies, Floral Papers & Friendship Definition
Ink: Epson Printer
Accessories: Photoshop, Star Dust Stickles, Foam Adhesive

I am off the the Post Office soon to pick up a parcel full of crafting goodies!! I have a little bit of college work to do then I shall be able to play with my goodies in between cooking tea which is beef curry!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: