Thursday 8 October 2009

Paper Piecing Congratulations!

Happy Thursday! Toady I have a card to share which I have made for a friend at work who has just got a new job & will be leaving us shortly. Though it will be sad to see her go, it's what she has wanted for a while so I made this to Congratulate her.


Anyway, this card is also for this weeks Hero Arts Challenge of Paper Piecing, you can read about it HERE. I was inspired by Kelly's card HERE to break out my 'Write Your Own' Cling stamp! I stamped it on some MM Ledger DP and paper piece the sentiment part of the stamp.


I knew I wanted flowers on this card so I used the 2 larger flowers from the Thoughtful Messages set, paper piecing the layers of the flowers.


Then I set myself a challenge!! I wanted to continue the theme of paper piecing onto my FAVE HA stamp the Heart Winged Butterfly!! This proved to be quite time consuming but I LOVE the end results. All the hearts are paper pieced!!

{Ingredients}
CS SU! Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip & Close to Cocoa
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Hero Arts CG113 Write Your Own, CL184 Thoughtful Messages, CL272 All Occasion, F5158 Heart Winged Butterfly
Accessories: Hobby Craft Gems, Copic Markers, Basic Grey DP, MM Ledger DP, Linen Thread, Foam Pads.

I'm off to work this afternoon to do 6 hrs overtime as surprise surprise the ward is short staffed!! A few more pennies earned means a few more pennies spent on crafting goodies!! I hope to make a couple more cards tonight after work & tomorrow if time allows as I have LOADS of college work to do!!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Pajalu said...

This is very beautiful :D. I am sure that your friend will love it to bits. Your butterfly is stunning as well.