Friday 9 October 2009

SPCC Colour Combo #18

Happy Friday! Today has been a funny old day & I have been itching to get into my studio & make a card but with this & that had only got the chance this evening. Plus I couldn't pass up a signature hot choc at Starbucks this afternoon with my friend Kerry! I love spending time with Kerry as she is so FUN!!

Anyway, I thought I would make a super quick card using this weeks SPCC colour combo. I thought this was gonna prove to be too much of a challenge for me but my card came together super quick!


I broke out some new stamps that I bought in Florida this year, Hero Arts Three Designer Leaves.


I stamped the leaf design onto Very Vanilla CS using Close to Cocoa ink as I have yet to get all the In Color Inks from SU! USA. The base card is Not Quite Navy and I used the Dusty Durango as a matt for the Very Vanilla piece.


I added some paper piercing along the edge of the Dusty Durango piece for a splash of interest!
With some linen thread, flowers & brad as the finishing touches. The stamped section is adhered using foam pads.

{Ingredients}
CS: SU! Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Dusty Durango
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy, Close to Cocoa
Stamps: Hero Arts LP132 Three Designer Leaves, CL184 Thoughtful Messages
Accessories: Queen & Co. Brad, Linen Thread, Got Flowers, SU! Punch & Paper Piercer, Foam Pads

I really enjoyed this weeks colour combo from SPCC and have seen the Finally Friday Challenge over there too that I might just have a got at before I head to bed! I have work tomorrow so it's up at 6am for a 12hr shift :( and it's back to work Sunday too :(

I hope to have a card share or two over the weekend so check back just in case!! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely card!

Melisa-SP Diva

Daniella said...

Great job!! Love the punch you used.
So glad you joined us at SPCC!!

savvy teaching tips said...

I love these stamps. Hero Arts is great! Great card!

Emily said...

So pretty!

Emily-SP Diva

Diana said...

Great color combo!

Kristina said...

Lovely simple card - great use of the SPCC colours.

thescrapmaster said...

Wow that is really pretty!!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous! I just love this card! Wonderful layout and I love the way you used the binder punch!