Wednesday 4 November 2009

2 Challenges in 1 card!

WOW! I really don't know where the days are going! Time just seems to flying & I'm just about keeping up! I found a little time & inspiration the other night to make a couple of cards. The card I am sharing today was inspired by 2 challenges.

The first challenge I stumbled across whilst blog hopping! I really like Dawn's style it really appealed to me & so I bookmarked her blog & so came across a fun challenge she posted!


The second challenge I decided to incorporate is Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. It has been a while since I participated in this so thought I'd give it a go!


Christmas is fast approaching & I haven't really knuckled down to making cards yet which is about right I always leave things till the last minute! Anyway, I thought the colours were very Christmasy & so I dug out some of my Hero Arts Xmas Stamps!


I really like this Angel stamp but it was the first time it was inked up for this card! The sentiment is from PTI Signature Christmas - the sentiments in this set are so good!


I added a Hero Arts felt snowflake & a glitter gem for a finishing touch! I am really quite pleased with the outcome of this card!

{Ingredients}
CS: Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy, BAshful Blue & Cream from SU!
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy from SU!
Stamps: Hero Arts Heart Angel E4856, Winter CM005, PTI Signature Christmas
Accessories: Hero Arts Felt Snowflakes, Labels 1 Nesties, Grosgrain Ribbon from Stash! Apron Lace Friskars Punch, glitter gem from stash!

I would have had it posted yesterday but my head was thumping after a study day at work & I am fussy and like to take my photo's in daylight which is quite hard as the nights draw in so quick at this time of year!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Beverly this is gorgeous, I mean I knew this was a great color combo...but your card really captures the beauty of those colors! Love the way you put it all together. Thanks so much for playing!

Elise said...

Hi, Beverly! I'm just loving your gorgeous card and TOTALLY appreciating what Dawn said about your use of her color combo! Excellent job!

{I really hope her challenge catches on! I think she's a fantastic talent and I admire her tenacity in trying to get this off the ground!~ I'm thrilled you tossed YOUR mighty talent into the mix!}